Welcome to Kin!Thanks for using our products and services and thank you for taking the time to read our terms and conditions. This website located at www.kinfertility.com.au (the Website) is owned and operated by Kin Fertility Pty Ltd ABN 94 633 968 644 (Kin Fertility).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- 1.1Kin Fertility Pty Ltd ABN:94 633 968 644 (we, us, our) is an online health platform dedicated to fertility health, pregnancy and maternity care. At Kin Fertility we:
- Create and link to high quality information about various aspects of male and female fertility, pregnancy and maternity care; and
- Facilitate confidential consultations between our customers and:
- Registered Australian health practitioners, including medical practitioners, nurses, and midwives (Partner Practitioners);
- Allied support and companion persons, such as trained doulas (Partner Companions); and
- Other Australian registered health providers who provide fertility services, such as pathology providers and pharmacists (Partner Providers).
- 1.2Kin Fertility is a virtual fertility medical centre specialising in fertility, pregnancy and maternity care (including pre and post-natal care). This means you no longer need to book time off work to sit in a waiting room or wait in pharmacy queues. Kin Fertility can link you with Partners who can consult with you and provide you with tailored advice relevant to your concerns and within the Partner's field of expertise or training..
- 1.3It is important you are aware that our Website content and any communications you have with Kin Fertility representatives (other than Partner Practitioners and Partner Providers) do not constitute medical advice. You should always obtain medical advice from a Partner Practitioner, Partner Provider or your regular doctor to ensure any particular medication or treatment is suitable and safe for you. This is because Kin Fertility is a virtual medical platform that links its customers with registered health providers and allied support persons. Kin Fertility does not provide health services.
- 2.1To make orders through the Website or attend consultations with Partner Doctors or Partner Providers you must become a registered customer. Each customer is allowed to create a maximum of one registered customer account (Account).
- 2.2Registered account holders must:
- Be over 18 years old (16 years of age in limited circumstances where doctor determines Gillick Competence applies);
- Reside in Australia;
- Be capable of entering a legally binding agreement with Kin Fertility; and
- Agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- 2.3Registered account holders are required to create an Account password and keep it secure. If you suspect your Account has been subject to unauthorised use you must immediately notify Kin Fertility and change your password. This is important so that your personal information remains secure.
- 2.5You agree that all information provided to Kin Fertility and the Partners will be accurate and complete and that you will not omit any information that a reasonable person would consider relevant to the services you seek through the Website.
- 2.6It is your responsibility to advise your regular doctor of any medications or treatments our Partner Practitioners have prescribed to you. However, if you would like our Partner Practitioners or Partner Providers to forward information to your regular doctor on your behalf (for instance, information about medications prescribed or treatment provided to you by a Partner Practitioner), please let your Partner Practitioner know and provide your written consent for us to do so.
Closing your Account?
- 3.1If at any time you wish to close your Account you should email [email protected]
- 3.2If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from Kin Fertility information alerts, please click the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of any Kin Fertility email.
- 4.1Kin Fertility takes no responsibility and makes no warranties, express or implied, in relation to the content of any consultation between you and a Partner. You and your Partner Doctor or Partner Provider are responsible for the conduct of each consultation and all information or communications made.
- 4.3Kin Fertility does not guarantee that a consultation with a Partner is suitable for you.
- 5.1All material on the Website, including the text, information, graphics, trading names, logos, design, layout, downloads, pricing, products and services (Content) is owned by or licensed to Kin Fertility. You must not reproduce, transmit, adapt, distribute, sell, modify, publish or store Content for any purpose, other than with the prior written consent of Kin Fertility, or as permitted by law. All rights of Kin Fertility are reserved.
- 5.2'Kin Fertility' and the Kin Fertility logo are trade-marks of Kin Fertility.
- 5.3Trade-marks used on the Website to describe third parties and their products are trade-marks of those third parties.
Linking and Third Party Content
- 6.1You must not link to, frame or mirror any part of the Website without Kin Fertility's written authorisation. To discuss partnership opportunities please contact us using the details at the bottom of this form.
- 6.2The Website may contain links to or display the content of third parties (Third Party Content), including links to Websites operated by other organisations and individuals (Third Party Websites). Third Party Content and Third Party Websites are not under the control of Kin Fertility. We do not endorse, approve or make any warranty or claim regarding Third Party Content, Third Party Websites or the products, services or information available on any Third Party Website, or in respect of the owner or operator of a Third Party Website or their conduct. If you use or rely upon Third Party Content or Third Party Websites, you do so solely at your own risk.
- 8.2You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content uploaded to the Website in any existing or future media, and you unconditionally waive all moral rights as defined by the Copyright Act 1968. You also grant us the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- 8.3However, any personal information uploaded by you to the Website for the purpose of seeking health services or our products will be treated as confidential information between you and Kin Fertility. Your personal information will not be published on the Website or made available publicly. For the avoidance of doubt, Kin Fertility will not use, reproduce, edit or exploit your personal, health or other sensitive information.
- 8.5You must not submit any content to the Website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- 8.6We will store and maintain all material and records as required by law.
We may use third-party vendors to show our ads on sites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our Website. We may also use analytics data supplied by these vendors to inform and optimise our advertising campaigns based on your prior visits to our Website or the websites belonging to members of our group.
While cookies allow a computer to be identified, they do not contain personal information about a specific individual. For information on cookie settings of your internet browser, please refer to your browser’s manual.
- 10.1To the extent permitted by law, Kin Fertility is not liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, which may result from your use of or failure to access the Website, the content contained on the Website or due to the fact that Website content is wrong, incomplete or out of date.
- 10.2To the extent permitted by law, Kin Fertility disclaims any liability arising from the actions of Partner Practitioners, Partner Companions, or Partner Providers. The liability for the actions of Partner Doctors and Partner Providers, including advice provided and prescriptions ordered, prepared and filled through the Website, rests solely with those third parties providers.
- 10.3All health related queries should be directed to Partner Doctors and Partner Providers and not to Kin Fertility. Their contact details will be provided to you by contacting [email protected]
Warranty and Disclaimer
- 11.1By accessing our Website, you assume all risks associated with its use, including but not limited to the risk that your computer, software or data may be damaged by any virus transmitted by the Website or by any Third Party Content or Third Party Website.
- 11.2To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and claims (whether express or implied) arising out of or in any way connected with the Website and its use are hereby excluded. By accessing our Website, you agree to indemnify Kin Fertility and each of its Affiliates for any loss, damage, costs or expenses whatsoever suffered by any person or entity arising out of or in any way connected with your access to the Website.
- 11.3Kin Fertility makes no guarantee that the products and services provided through the Website are fit for your intended purpose. All products and services provided through the Website are provided on an 'as is' basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at [email protected]
Kin Returns and Refunds, Cancelation and Money Back Guarantee Policy
For Kin Contraception Memberships
You can cancel your membership at any time.
When you cancel, your membership will expire at the end of your membership period and will not renew.
If you have repeats of your prescription left and wish to purchase them, we can continue to ship these out to you upon purchase.
If you have repeats of your prescription left and do not wish to purchase them, we will not charge you for the product.
For Kin Video Consultations
We are not able to refund a video consultation slot if it was cancelled less than 24 hours prior to scheduled time, this also applies to cases of “no show”.
If you would like to cancel or reschedule with more than 24 hour notice, you can do so from your profile page.
For Kin Masterclass Video Content
We provide a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee on our video content products. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the content product received, please let us know within 30 days of the original purchase date and we will provide you with a full refund.
For Kin over the counter products (e.g. The Prenatal, Pregnancy OTC products and Postpartum OTC products)
Unfortunately, we do not accept returns on these items due to change of mind.
Once orders have been sent we are unable to accept returns or exchanges due to strict guidelines. If you think your product is faulty, please contact Kin at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.
For prescription products sold by partner pharmacies
Unfortunately, we do not accept returns on these items due to change of mind.
Our pharmacies follow a strict code of professional practice and they are under obligation to ensure that medicines that customers receive have been produced and stored under strict conditions. As such, no returns are possible, as in the case of a return it is not possible to confirm if medicines have been stored properly or have not been tampered with. If you think your product is faulty, please contact Kin at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.